With so many tools available for Web Development its hard to find the right tools for the job. In this post I will mention some of the tools that I personally use for Web Development. Also, I will give links to some websites which can be really helpful for certain tasks like regular expressions etc. I am not affiliated with any of the tools or websites. I am just giving the list and links of these tools which I use everyday find very useful.
All these are Free / Open Source software.
- WinSCP: Free SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows
- Notepad++: Free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- WinMerge: An Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows.
Browser Plugin / Add-on:
- FireBug: Web Development Tool for Firefox
- Live HTTP Headers: A Firefox add-on to view HTTP headers of a page and while browsing.
- DNS Flusher: A Firefox add-on which provides an easy way to reload changes made on Windows/Linux/MacOS hosts file.
- Web Developer Toolbar: The Web Developer extension adds various web developer tools to a browser.
- Yahoo! YSlow: Analyze performance of webpages
- FireFTP: A free, secure, cross-platform FTP client for Mozilla Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
- Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar: Provides a variety of tools for quickly creating, understanding, and troubleshooting Web pages.
- regex tester: Regular Expression Test Tool to test regular expression with PHP preg_match_all, preg_match and preg_replace functions.